I just got back from a delightful trip to California to visit some of my favorite people.
Here are a few of the pics from the trip.
First of all I should say that I took the Amtrak this time, because it was a considerable amount less expensive than flying. Plus I thought it would be fun. And you know what? It was fun. But it also had its not so fun moments to cherish as well. Having said that, I think my problem is that I envision riding the train to be like how it was portayed in the old movies. You know...sleeper cars, fresh white linens, Bing Crosby singing, and Danny Kaye getting up to some antics. I guess they still have sleeper cars if you can afford them, but the rest...no...it is more like paper table cloths, dry chicken, stinky bathrooms, and a man having a seizure in Elko. Alas, not the same romantic elegance I envisioned, but the part where you ride through the beautiful Sierra Nevada's and little old men from the Sacramento Train Museum regale you with history and train lore, that part is worth it.
Anyhoo, on with the story.
One of the best parts of the trip was going to Hollister to see Delaney's dance recital.

Bless those four year old little hearts, but they mostly just stood there. I loved it though. I tried to get more pictures, but that cutie next to Delaney kept getting in the way.
Final Bow.

Then we played some Bob the Builder.



And some My Little Ponies.
By the way Minty - he's the green one she's holding - has some very bad manners. He is always butting in line to get a ride on the scooter first. Tsk, tsk. But he does always wear his helmet, which is nice.
Mary Ann and I went to Old Sacramento and had dinner on the Delta King.


And then we went to San Francisco...one of my favorite places on earth.First we went to the de young museum to see the visiting Impressionist exhibit from the Musee D'Orsay.It was great. I really enjoyed seeing some of those paintings in person for the first time.

Then we went next door to the Japanese Tea Garden. I love this place! It is so beautiful and peaceful.



This bridge by the way is beautiful and cool, but scary to climb.
And finally we went to see Wicked at the Orpheum Theater. I loved it!



And on a slightly unrelated note, I bought all new bedding when I was in Yuba City. Green and Brown. What do you think?
2 comments:
Ooh, I like the new bedding!
Oh my goodness, Delaney is getting so big. She is beautiful!
I love the Japanese Tea Garden. Jealous.
Post a Comment