Monday, August 31, 2009

A brief history...


So...I don't blog so much anymore. Has anyone noticed? Probably not. Truthfully, you probably should be grateful that I don't blog as much anymore, because mostly I just want to whine about how stressful my job is and seriously who needs to hear that. Lately though I have felt the narcissistic stirrings to once again put my pictures on the web and maybe if you are lucky I will post some political pontifications at some point as well. Just kidding of course (the part about you being lucky).


And while it is true that I mostly just work these days, I have had the opportunity for some extra curricular activities as well.


Here are a few pics from June, July, and August to catch you up.


In June my dear friend Alethea came to Utah and we had alot of fun visiting English Tea Shops, and going to movies, and barbeques, and temples, and hiking.


Here are some pictures of our hike to Timpanogas Cave. (which by the way almost killed me, I beg to differ with the site that calls this a moderate hike. Moderate, my aching foot)






The heart of Timpanogas. As a side note, Timpanogas Cave is one of the only National Monuments in the National Park service to have a red light. I guess a few years ago they made a nation wide standard to only have white lights in national monuments and parks, but people were so upset about missing the red light in the Timpanogos Cave that they found a way to grandfather it in somehow. At one point in the tour they turn on a red light behind the heart formation and it makes it glow red. Cheesy? Maybe, but I liked it.


One of my favorite cave growths - Cave Bacon.


Alethea and I - after the hike.


After hiking to the cave I went to Thanksgiving Point to meet up with my cousins who were visiting from Reno. It was really great to see them. Here is a piciture of their three cute kids outside the Mayan. The Mayan is the place with the divers for those of you who have been there with me before.

Elizabeth - Keegan - Shannon


Shortly after my Sister's wedding, I went with my Grandma and Mom to Dallas Texas. We were tasked with going through the storage containers that my Grandma had been storing for the past 26 years in a Bekins warehouse, luckily for me they weren't ready for us the first day, so we just had to go site seeing. First on my list was the 6th Floor Museum.



This is the spot on the road where John F. Kennedy was shot.


Cute, cute, Jenny. Jenny who now lives in Dallas was able to come and join us at the museum, I was so happy to see her. Doesn't she look fabulous? I would like to mention that it was a VERY humid day, and I do not do well with humidity and neither does my hair.



After the museum we went to the cemetery where my Grandpa John is buried. He died when I was 10 and I was always sad that I didn't get to go to the funeral, so to visit his gravesite was fulfillment of a 29 year old dream. As a side note, and not to be morbid, but the funeral home director told me that alot of famous people are buried in this cemetery. Mickey Mantle, Tom Landry, Greer Garson (I think), and others. They were also responsible for arranging the funerals of Bonny and Clyde (who are not buried in Dallas).

We also went on a drive by of the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, which is ginormous.


The National Boy Scout headquarters, where my Grandpa worked.



And the Dallas Temple.
All in all the Dallas trip was a success.
In July, Kate and I went hiking to Silver Lake. I know I always post pictures of Silver Lake, but it is really quite pretty, so please indulge me.



And finally, Kate, Justin, MacConnell and I recently went to a Real Soccer game in the new stadium. It was alot of fun. And the Real beat Chivas USA 4 to 0. Not too shabby.




We had really good seats, like third row sidelines. But I think we were in the drunk tank section. This guy was so loud and obnoxious all through the beginning. He suddenly got silent; Kate thinks he heard me making fun of him. Oopsie. I should remember to use my whisper voice.

At one point in the game, the drunk guy behind me yelled "hair club for men" really loud to the referee who was a little follicly challenged. This was really funny to me for some reason, and I accidentally spit pop corn residue on the shirt of the guy in front of me. Sorry bout that blue shirt guy.


Here is the aforementioned drunk guy photo bombing my picture with MacConnell. You know the peace signs over people's heads just never go out of style I guess.

So that's about it for now, I will try to be more prompt with my postings in the future. Although I can't make any promises as I am scheduled to be in Riverside, California from September 8 - October 2nd for work.
XOXOXO

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog. I still visit it daily even though I know you are too busy at work to update. It looks like you have had a fun summer.

Oh, and I don't think I told you but a few weeks Elizabeth spent a long time telling me how much fun she had going to eat the Mayan restaurant with you.

Melissa said...

Seriously I have writing issues, the post above should say a few weeks AGO...

Jenny said...

I loved your pics, and you are sweet. Miss you lots!

Dianna said...

It has been so long since I've visited your lovely blog, but it is a joy to see your updates. I look forward to seeing you after your brief residence in Cali. Hope you are having some fun!

http://www.freerice.com

http://www.freerice.com