Sunday, December 23, 2007

Loved It!


If blood, violence, and dark comedy aren't on your agenda this Christmas, then you probably shouldn't see 'Sweeney Todd'. But if they are, may I recommend a kick-A movie. I was so surprised at how well done this film is, not too mention how well acted, sung, costumed, art directed....etc. It is my favorite musical and I have listened to the CD's many times since I first purchased them, but I was pleasantly surprised with how the music married with the stunning visuals brought clarity and emotion to the words and the passion of the story. And for the first time I felt like I really understood the musical. Sweeney is definitely not your typical boy meets girl, falls in love, and lives happily ever after musical. So if you are expecting some kind of "meet cute" to happen, you best be shuffling off to see 'P.S. I Love You'. Disclaimer: I have not seen 'P.S. I Love You' yet, so this is neither an endorsement for nor a criticism against said movie.
But as much as I loved this movie, don't be fooled into thinking that it's going to be my number one movie of the year, because it's not. So stay tuned for the Top Ten Movies of 2007 blog.

0 comments:

http://www.freerice.com

http://www.freerice.com