Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Single Rider

So, I have been in California on business for the past 3 weeks. Not so much fun. But, originally I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for my California family to come celebrate the big birthday I had this year - we could all go to Disneyland. Because what could be more fun than going to Disneyland for your 40th right? But circumstances were such that it just didn't work out for anyone, no worries.
So instead...
I went to Disneyland by myself, I really didn't think it would be a big deal, I do things by myself all the time right? And I DID have a good time, but I will just say this, Disneyland is more fun when shared with loved ones. No offense to the couple I stood in line with at the Matterhorn, you were perfectly lovely but it just wasn't the same. (plus they didn't seem willing to take picture after picture of me from my good angle, like Kate would - hence no pictures - I "borrowed" that one from the internets)
The day after I went to Disneyland I did go with a friend down to Escondido, and possibly maybe Tijuana, but that is a story for another day. Buenos Dias.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, Heather. I love that you went by yourself, but wish I could have been with you. I'll call you soon so you can tell me about it. And about Tijuana please!

Melissa said...

I'm so sad that we couldn't come down and go with you.

And I totally want to hear about Tijuana. :)

Katydid said...

Very brave to go alone. I once made myself go on a weekend trip alone...it was okay besides the eating alone.

http://www.freerice.com

http://www.freerice.com