Friday, September 12, 2008

Blech

So yah, I haven't really been blogging lately. I can't really put my finger on why; I just haven't felt like it I guess. And I am sure this comes as no surprise, but I am not really the type to do things if I don't want to. Well not without a lot of muttering about it. So there you have it. And there have been things to blog about too. I saw Al Green in concert, I had a birthday, 90210 is back on the TV, I went to Wendover and saw Collective Soul in concert, I saw some good movies, I saw my family in Calamity Jane, I got a shot in my behind that felt like the fiery pits of hell had been unleashed in my rump, I enjoyed some peach dessert and current events, I wore white pants - all noteworthy events to be sure.

In any case, I vow to be more faithful to this blog. As it does sort of serve as an online diary of sorts.

I am also starting a new feature called "A Few of my Favorite Things". It is sort of the counterbalance to "Princess Heather's Pet Peeves". Heaven forbid I come across as a nitpicky, crazy person all the time, right? The first post of this new feature will be forthcoming, but until then I leave you with pictures of my new apartment.
This is the view from my balcony. I love these mountains.


This is the hallway. I know boring, right? To the left are the entries to the kitchen and then the bedroom. To the right is a coat closet/laundry room and the entry to the bathroom. Straight ahead is a linen closet with crappy doors that won't stay on the track.

Here is the kitchen (and a picture of my toast if you look closely). I like the dark countertops.



The hearth. It is a wood burning fireplace which will probably never be used because a. I am paranoid about dirt and soot, b. I am allergic to wood smoke, c. I am nervous that they didn't clean out the chimney and I might start a fire in the chimney, and d. all of the above. I am pretty sure you all know the answer to this one.

I just noticed that as a bonus you get a peek at my cute toes in this picture.

View of the living room towards the front door.

View towards the balcony.

Bedroom. And view of my Disney pictures. My latest is the Sorcerer's Apprentice and he is the on the wall by himself.

More Bedroom.

Bathroom. Are you sensing that I like red yet?
Well, that's it in a nutshell. One bedroom apartments don't really take that long to show. I hope you liked the tour.


2 comments:

Sadie said...

Your apartment looks great, I love the view...I hope that I can move back to Utah soon, so I can see trees with leaves!(lawn too). I could never post pictures of my house, it's kind of wall to wall stuff, with three large dogs squeezed in!

Melissa said...

I love the new apartment pics! And I especially like how you displayed your wooden shoes by the fireplace. Plus I'm a big fan of the color red myself. And I think all your red probably looks fabolus with the black and white bowl I gave you for your birthday. :)

http://www.freerice.com

http://www.freerice.com