There is this link on the internet where you can type in your Blog address and it will tell you what level education a person needs to have in order to read your Blog. I am proud to announce...drum roll please....that mine rates thus -

Puuhhhhleeeease! I am so going for Elementary School eventually. But seriously, at times I have been as high as Graduate School. I have no idea how they make the calculations, perhaps based on the number of words per pictures? Or maybe they have some sort of algorithm that analyzes sentence structure. If I use words like antidisestablishmentarianism can I get a higher rating? I suspect that they just mockingly base your level on how many times you check the site. You know sort of a punishment for those who are vain and narcissistic. Who knows?
If you are interested in checking out what level of education is required to read your blog, check out this site.
http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.
Update: After I published this last entry, I checked again. Still High School. Geez.
3 comments:
Whatever is right! I tried it several times and kept getting College (post graduate). Even though I do have a graduate degree I was also hoping for elementary school!
I have to add my "whatever is right!" to that of Melissa. I enabled public access to mine for a little while, and I got "Junior High." I'm not sure what rating I should want, but I have such negative feelings associated with Junior High that I took it as a profound insult. :)
Lots of love!
LOL...I am sure it could be worse. I have heard that most people only have a 5th grade reading level. A high school level reading blog is fantastic!
Post a Comment